What information do you collect from me?
Generally, we collect information that may personally identify you when you voluntarily:
- register an account on this website,
- enter a contest or sweepstakes,
- respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or
- engage with another website feature.
You may choose to create a personal account on our website, which may require that you disclose certain personally identifiable information for identification, including a unique email address and demographic information (including, for example, ZIP code, age, sex, job industry, job title, and income).
Changes to Personally Identifiable
Information To change any personally identifiable information that you have shared with us, please access the “My Account” section of our Webpage. You may also contact us directly.
How is My Information Used?
The information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of our Services to improve our relationship with visitors by personalizing your site experience where possible, allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base to improve our relationship with our visitors;
- to customize your experience by allowing advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent; and
- to administer contests, promotions, surveys, and/or other site features.
Visitors to the website who register an account or engage with other site features, such as marketing programs and “members only” content, will be given a choice whether they would like to be included on our email list and receive e-mail newsletters from us.
If you have opted-in to receive email newsletters from us, you may periodically receive communications including links to and information regarding sales, promotions, sweepstakes, and other information that we believe you may find interesting.
If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters from us, you will not receive these e-mails.
How to Opt-Out of E-mail List
If you would no longer like to receive email newsletters from us, you can unsubscribe by selecting the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any of our promotional emails.
How is My Information Stored?
We implement a variety of security measures in an effort to reasonably maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
As you browse through our website, we may automatically collect and store the following non-personal, or anonymous information about your visit:
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit on our site;
- if you navigate to our site by clicking a link, the location of that link;
- the technical capabilities of the computer you use to access our site;
- the internet service provider you use to connect to our site (for example “companyX.com” if you have a commercial internet account, or “universityX.edu” if you connect from a university); and the IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access our site.
We use this information, in the aggregate, to make our website more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology used, to detect operational problems, and to improve the website’s overall security.
Cookies, Beacons, Local Storage and Other Similar Technologies
You may choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you may even choose to turn off all cookies through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look to your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Do note that if you turn cookies off, you may lose access to many features that make your experience on our website more efficient, and some of our services might not function properly.
We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
We may transmit non-personally identifiable website usage information to third parties in order to show you advertising for us when you visit other sites.
Analytics, Log Files and Reading History
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our Services, including a history of the pages you view.
We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, including customized recommendations, advertising, to improve marketing, and to track access and use of our Services across the devices that you may use to access our Services.
We have hired third parties to provide us with information, reports and analysis about the usage, browsing patterns of our users. They may independently record the type of device and operating system you are using, general location information, as well as events that occur on our website, such as how often you use our website.
Which Third-party Persons/Entities is My Personally Identifiable Information Shared With?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include sites operated by NS Haas, Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may also include links to third party websites on our website in an attempt to provide you with increased value. These linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including whether a specific link works).
Disclosure by Necessity
We may occasionally access, preserve, and/or disclose personal information as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with legal process;
- protect and defend our rights and property;
- protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Services; or
- protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
As we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company, or be bought by another company. In such transactions, personal information may be among the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which we maintain facilities or conduct operations. By using our website, your personal information may be transferred outside of your country of use and/or residence.
When your account becomes inactive, your information may remain in our computers, electronic databases, and archives, and may not be reasonably capable of expungement.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our website anonymously
- Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to their account and updating their account settings
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under thirteen years of age.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur we will notify the users via email and will provide website notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This
principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non- compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- We may also send you additional information and updated or related content from our website
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or website headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL promotional correspondence. You will continue to receive transactional emails about purchases, which is in compliance with CAN-SPAM.
NS Haas, Inc.
1910 W. Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please feel free to contact us at www.thehaasbrothers.shop with any comments and/or concerns regarding this Policy.
©2019 NS Haas, Inc. Images All Rights Reserved